Self Tanner

Bad Self Tanner

Bad Self Tanner

Good Self Tanner

Good Self Tanner
When it comes to self tanning, I'm the queen. I've been doing it for years and I think I've finally perfected the art. Oh trust me, there were plenty of times where I came out streaky or just really orange. My skin burns really easy, so sun bathing never works out that great for me, which is why I prefer my, "Tan in a Can!"
I've tried a variety of creams and I'll tell you my favorites. First of all let's just all agree that tanning lotions smell HORRIBLE!  It seems like they are making progress when it comes to the smell but they all have that sweaty syrup smell to them. Which is why I try to find stuff where the smell isn't as bad and they aren't streaky.  So first of all you need to decide how dark you want to be. I like to be really dark in the summer so I buy the darkest they have. In the winter time, I'll use tanning cream for fair skin tones. I actually don't use it a whole lot in the winter just because I am pretty much covered from head to toe in warm clothing and nothing but my face shows. If you haven't used cream before, start out using something that is made for your skin tone. When applying you'll first want to take regular lotion and put it on your  hands, ankles, wrists, elbows, knees and anywhere else that you have dryer skin. If you don't, those spots will grab the color and turn orange. Different creams have different base colors. Some are more orange, some are red and some are green. It's more of a trial and error type thing to find out which compliments your skin tones the best. After you have put your lotion on dry areas, you then will apply your tanning cream. Make sure you try to rub it in as evenly as possible. Then wash your hands with soap and water and put regular lotion on your hands.  My favorite lately is Banana Boat's Deep Dark Color. It smells better than most and it's really cheap.(comparatively speaking) I don't like any of the instant bronzers or gels. I feel like they always look really streaky. I recently tried the St Tropez mousse. It has somewhat of a green tint to it but I really like the color. I naturally have red undertones, so the green helps take some of that redness out. It also is the least smelly product I've used out of anything. Hears the bad part....................it's 40$ a bottle :/ Luckily I was given this so I didn't have to fork out the money. However if you can afford it, I would say yes purely for the fact that it doesn't stink! The other nice thing about self tanner is the illusion of nice healthy younger looking skin. It helps give a even compection to your face creating a youthful glow. And let's just be honest, everyone looks better with a little bit of a tan. So do yourself a favor.......................wear your 90 SPF sunblock and then put some self tanner on so it looks like you got some sun!

Comments