Doterra Essential Oils

I was sitting in my bed thinking about what I could post about. When I first started doing this blog I had inspiration coming out my ears but trying to post everyday sometimes leaves me with a an empty brain. I usually feel inspired on day to day basis by pretty much anything (and I don't mean this in a spiritual sense).  Someone wearing a cute pair of booties can inspire me haha;) Anyhow I started to think back about this last month and my family and how sick we've been. So sick............like I can't remember the last time I felt healthy for longer than a week sick, and my poor baby. I don't think he even remembers what it's like to be happy. Let me give you a quick run down of the garbage he has had just so you can feel sorry for us ;)
*RSV TWICE!!! You saw the twice part, right?
* Pneumonia
*Ear infection
*Pink eye...........TWICE
*Some weird virus that started out with one day of vomiting and 6 days of diarrhea
*common colds back to back to back
*stomach flu
So as you can see the kid and I have seriously been sick for a good 4 or 5 months. I've been losing a lot of weight lately and I'm starting to think that being sick for so long has contributed to that. Anyhow the other night as I lay crying on my couch because I am sick again with nausea and achy body (it aches so bad the pupils in my eyes hurt) I decide I need to try something.................ANYTHING! So I called my cousin and asked her how to get started with some essential oils. If this stuff actually works, I will be forever grateful! I am very optimistic and everything I read seems to make sense. So here we go............... we are on our 2nd day and I am mixing up all sorts of concoctions to get us better.  So my question is this.............................to any of you out there who may be reading this or to the one person(my husband) who follows this, let me know what you think? What is your take on these oils? Have you used them before? How did you feel they worked?  If anything I like the smells, so that's one plus!

Comments

  1. I'm still trying to decide. We had quite the nasty winter at our house too, and so I started looking for anything extra I could do. I like the idea of it and figure it can't hurt. I don't like how expensive some of the blends can be :( I think I'm all about incorporating but not ruling out medicine as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! Absolutely love them. Breathe and Serenity I will never be without. And I use Past Tense regularly. If you don't any to spend a lot get just the essentials. I will always keep Serenity Breathe and Peppermint oil on hand. They say on guard is great but I didn't really notice a huge benefit like the others! Good luck though its been an awful sick year! But since sing the oils we all feel the benefits! :) Hope that helps a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! Absolutely love them. Breathe and Serenity I will never be without. And I use Past Tense regularly. If you don't any to spend a lot get just the essentials. I will always keep Serenity Breathe and Peppermint oil on hand. They say on guard is great but I didn't really notice a huge benefit like the others! Good luck though its been an awful sick year! But since sing the oils we all feel the benefits! :) Hope that helps a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use them. Lots in my extended family use them. I try them first and if I don't think they work I go for the medicine that will cover up symptoms. :) It was expensive, but I bought the family physician kit and I think it's been worth it. I have soap made with On Guard. I put lemon in my water every day. I use breathe and have diffusers in my house. I got a couple blends to help with my emotional/depression issues. We have never been a really sickly family. I think it's preventative. I think diet is important too. My SIL does some classes that aren't necessarily DOterra classes, but she teaches how to incorporate oils into cleaning products, skincare, etc. I'll forward you the email with her next classes if you want to join me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment