Monday Inspire Me

Say No To CELL PHONES

There is nothing more annoying in the world right now than a friend or a mom or a brother or a spouse who won't get off their Instagram, Facebook, text messaging, games and whatever else to give their undivided attention to those whom they care about and love.

Cell phones are great but let's try to keep our time on them at a minimum! It makes me so sad to see a mom lost in her cell phone activities while her child is trying to get her attention. It makes me so sad to see a spouse on his/her phone while the other is trying to actively engage in conversation. It makes me sad to see family dinners spent with heads down catching up on social media rather than nourishing the relationships that exist right in front of their eyes. It makes me so sad to see friends gathered together only to all be immersed in their cell phones.

Guys............you have real life relationships with people who love and care about you right in front of your faces!! Turn on off your cell phones or leave them home and spend time on something that really matters...........your kids, your spouse, your friends, your family!! Say no to cell phones for a day or an hour, when someone else might really need your time. The relationships around you should be way more important than anything you can find on your phone. You shouldn't make real life people take a back seat to your social media searching.

A goal I set a long time ago for myself was to leave my phone home on Sundays. This is the day that we spend time visiting our families and I did not want to get caught up in my phone while trying to have meaningful time with my family. Even though this is only one day out of the week, it helps me to be conscious of the time I am on my phone through out the week, so that those around me don't feel pushed aside because I'm always on my phone. If, you notice that you are a phone addict, try setting a goal for yourself. Maybe an hour a day to put it away!! Haha that rhymed......I am so witty :)



Comments