Monday Inspire Me



Honeybees are driven to pollinate, gather nectar, and condense the nectar into honey. It is their magnificent obsession imprinted into their genetic makeup by our Creator. It is estimated that to produce just one pound (0.45 kg) of honey, the average hive of 20,000 to 60,000 bees must collectively visit millions of flowers and travel the equivalent of two times around the world. Over its short lifetime of just a few weeks to four months, a single honeybee’s contribution of honey to its hive is a mere one-twelfth of one teaspoon.
Though seemingly insignificant when compared to the total, each bee’s one-twelfth of a teaspoon of honey is vital to the life of the hive. The bees depend on each other. Work that would be overwhelming for a few bees to do becomes lighter because all of the bees faithfully do their part.
You can read the full talk in the link below

I was listening to this talk months ago while I was out biking. I remember thinking to myself as the talk concluded, "I am a honey bee." My contributions in this world are not recognized by many, the parts that I play are simple and unnoticed but the one-twelfth that I contribute over my life time is needed and I am important. My role though small is important! 
Sometimes I think that if I'm not out conquering the world that I am a failure. I should be smarter. I should have pursed further education. I should be faster. I should be prettier. I should be serving more. I should be the greatest mom in the world. I should be creative. I should be innovative. I should be successful in a career. I should be climbing the ladder. I want to be all of those things and more and then I feel grateful to know that I am a honey bee and what I'm doing now matters and not only that but it's what I was put here to do. It's my contribution to society. 

Comments