Nails

Okay, so I am a nail biter.  Embarrassing, I know.  I have found that the only thing that keeps me from biting my fingernails is nail polish.  I wear it all the time.  I love how it makes my hands look.  Sometimes I do fun things like have my ring finger be a different color as an accent nail, but for the most part, I am pretty basic.  I am always looking for the perfect pinkish red, but I wear all kinds of colors.
One thing that I can't stand though, is how quickly my nails chip after I've painted them, and how careful I have to try to be for an hour after painting them.  With 4 kids, and one that's only 8 months, it's practically impossible to keep my nails away from everything long enough to let them harden all the way, and I pretty much always get a smudge.  Then, after washing the dishes once, or taking a shower, they are all chipped up!  So annoying!  I can't stand to have chipped nails, so I end up picking them off, and all that work was for maybe one day of pretty nails.
I first heard of Shellac a few years ago when I was getting a manicure, and I have never looked back!  A couple of my closest friends have even bought the whole system - the polish, light (it has to cure under the lights), and all the base and top coats - so I can get it done very cheap!  Even better!
Shellac is dry and hardened and set as soon as the lights are done curing it (just a few minutes), and it lasts for weeks!  I can do dishes, shower, bathe my kids, and nothing chips it!
The one possible downfall to this product is that it has to be soaked off in acetone to put a new color on.  You can peel it off, but it usually takes off the top layer of your fingernail with it, so you probably shouldn't.
Most salons offer shellac now, so next time you get a manicure, try it out!


Comments