Inspire Me... Wednesday!

Oops!  I meant to get to this post on Monday, but I have had such a busy couple of days!  This week I am inspired by a shirt that I just got in the mail for my daughter.  I ordered it from a website called Jane.com, which I just love.  It's kind of a problem though, because it's one of those daily deals websites and I get an email every day showing me all the cute stuff that's on sale today.  Sometimes it's better just to not know, right?  If I didn't know those adorable pants were on sale, I wouldn't have bought them, but since they were staring right at me from my inbox, I just HAD TO HAVE THEM!  Anyway, I digress.  I ordered this shirt for my daughter, and I love it.






I think that besides being really cute, it has such a great message.  Sometimes I have a hard time with this.  And listen, I get that being a contributor to this fashion blog seems like a bit of an oxymoron to that statement - be yourself to be beautiful, but try printed pants because they're so in, and everyone is doing it -.  I get it.  But as much as I want to be "in" and look good, I also think that part of that is being me.  As Dr. Seuss so eloquently says, "Today you are you, that is truer than true.  There is no one alive that is YOUER than YOU!"  He sure is wise, that Dr. Seuss.  Isn't he?

I can remember in high school, and even still to this day sometimes, wanting so badly to fit in with the "IT" crowd.  I wanted to be popular, I wanted to wear the expensive clothes, I wanted my hair to look "just like hers."  And I still do, to a certain extent.  But more importantly than any of that, I want to talk to interesting people.  I want to learn new things.  I want to be a better mother and wife.  I want to be good at something.  Lots of things.  I have come to learn that I like getting to know new people because of what we talk about, and what I can learn from them more than if what they're wearing is "trending" right now!  I think the one thing that I covet most, is seeing a woman who is confident in who she is and what she is doing regardless of what anyone else thinks.  Who marches to the beat of her own drum, and isn't afraid of just being herself.  Maybe one day I'll get there.  If that is you, than this post is about you.  You inspire me.

Comments